Introduction to WordPress

with No Comments

My introduction to WordPress was not as smooth as one would have hoped.  I found myself mashing on my keyboard in an attempt to make things work as our instructor Rich would then go on to calmly explain a simple step and the anger would then alleviate.  For someone who thought they were technologically inclined, here I was.

Once I had battled with my computer for roughly 50 minutes or so, I had created an account and I was ready to begin my blogging journey.  To begin with, I wanted to set some parameters of what I would be doing with this, deciding first I wanted my blog to be online.  After deciding this, I debated as to whether or not I wanted to use an alias or my name.  For the purpose of what I am posting, I chose to stick with using my name as the work I intend to produce is connected and has meaning to me.  In terms of my target audience, I will be writing to other people within Canada but will not by any means close doors to any other people that would like to read any of my works.  Finally to have my blog go public or private.  My hope is that I am able to connect and resonate with people through my writing therefore, I am keeping it public.

I look forward to using WordPress and learning more in-depth about what it has to offer as I build my product over the duration of the semester.